Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fall Roasted Veggie Indian-Style Salad

Warning: this does not look pretty.
But it tastes good and is fool proof. No measuring.

Preheat oven to 450.
In a large pan (13 by 9) or a 10" cast iron skill add a combination of the following:
1-2 medium thinly sliced potatoes (sweet or otherwise)
1/2 parsnip, thinly sliced
handful of washed and sliced (stems cut off) fresh brussels sprouts
1/2 head of cauliflower or broccoli, cut into florettes
handful or so of greenbeans, ends trimmed and cut in 1/2
handful of sliced onions
3-6 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
Toss with olive oil (under its fairly well incorporated)
Roast for about 35-40 minutes. It should look like this:

In the mean time, make the yogurt Indian-style dressing:
Mix about 3/4 cup of plain yogurt with whatever Indian style spices you have on hand. I mixed about 1 teas of garam masala, cumin, turmeric, and several generous pinches of cayenne. I mixed in some Apple Cider Vinegar (because I didn't have lemon juice) and a bit of salt to taste. I also roasted some slivered almonds, because I like a little crunch in my roasted veggies.

Mix it all together. Top with the crunch element (not required). Also you could go Asian style with yogurt, soy sauce, honey, and peanut butter. But my bloke ate all the peanut butter, and this was pretty good (if freaky looking).

No comments: